logo-smallhttp://to.ly/mtXJ

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blood Red and Lingerie


Blood Red and Lingerie                 My brother and sister celebrated their 31st birthday a few days ago (yes, they’re old, and yes they’re twins!), and as customary Chinese tradition dictates, we wear red, the color of happiness and celebration. I wanted to dress up because it was a big day, but I didn’t want to look like everyone else in a plain red top and jeans. So instead of going for a bright red blouse or dress, I opted for the warmer fall staple: Burgundy instead, and wore it as a skirt.To keep things interesting and glamorous, I took out my beautiful Wacoal corset and wore it as a top instead. Boudoir after all is such a great style, and I love how the nude and burgundy complemented each other. I don’t know if you’ve noticed, but I love wearing corsets when I wear maxi skirts, palazzo pants or any voluminous bottom piece because it keeps me looking balanced and glamorous, never sloppy. Plus, I don’t encounter problems like my shirt untucking out of my bottoms (don’t you hate it when that happens?) or finding the right underwear to wear under my dressy top, because it’s a two-in-one thing! nd it looked and felt so great!I’m also currently loving this sleek watch I got from Daniel Wellington. There’s such an interesting story behind this brand too! The company ‘s founder, Flip Tysander, met Daniel Wellington on the British Isles and was so enamored by his gentlemanly yet unpretentious personality reflected by how he wore his Rolex watch on a worn out Nato strap that he got from his years at the  British Army. When he went back home, he created the brand inspired by his new friend hoping that whenever someone wants to project that preppy, classy yet down to earth vibe, DW will be the first things on their minds. Cool, huh? If you want to buy a watch from them, you can enter the code “Thirsty” and get a big discount!

 What do you think about this look?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...